27 April 2014

long weekend[s]

Two long weekends in a row. First Easter, then Anzac Day.

We saw a film (The Grand Budapest Hotel) which was very lovely and features every actor you can think of plus another couple you've forgotten,

baked bread



sowed some seeds



sewed some Liberty pillow slips



made (goats milk, beeswax and olive oil) soap



visited the William Ricketts sanctuary



baked Anzac biscuits



got caught in the rain



basked in the late autumn sunlight



gazed out the window



aaaaand fell asleep.

10 comments:

librarygirl said...

Son and I loved Grand Budapest too! Jeff goldblum! Adrian Brody etc etc wonderful stuff.

kt said...

What a busy time! Love the olive oil planters and snoozing puss. Remind me, please? Are you selling soap on Etsy?

shadygrey said...

I grow plants in old olive oil tins too, but I am only buying Australian oil nowadays. The tins aren't as pretty.

Frances said...

Oh I do like the look of your weekend pursuits! Lots of variety and such a perfect ending.

xo

Zoya said...

Your goats milk, beeswax and olive oil soap sounds good enough to eat and I suspect is a total pleasure to use.

kgirlknits said...

the double long-weekend was rather lovely, wasn't it? You achieved so much, too!

I'm looking forward to seeing Grand Budapest, too. Everyone I know who's seen it has raved about it

pandchintz said...

What beautiful relaxing but productive weekends! Loved Grand Budapest!!

katiecrackernuts said...

I am catching up on blog reading having taken a couple of weeks off after the short weeks. How nice were those two long weekends, and then to have two weeks off. I am in heaven.

katiecrackernuts said...

I am catching up on blog reading having taken a couple of weeks off after the short weeks. How nice were those two long weekends, and then to have two weeks off. I am in heaven.

Libiya jhon said...

Hello! I've been following your blog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from King wood Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!...Cccam Server