12 May 2014

Me Made May

I've watched Me Made May from the sidelines the past couple of years, but this year, almost at the last minute, i jumped in. I have pledged to wear at least one me-made item every day in May, and am using it to identify gaps in my handmade wardrobe. So far, that translates to i am great at summery tops but need more cold weather wear. I also need weekend wear - specifically bottoms - as i'm tired of wearing jeans every weekend. I don't look good in jeans (short legs + childbearing hips = dumpy potato). However i like the non-ironing component of wearing jeans and so i channelled my inner bogan and sewed a denim skirt, and wore it on Sunday. Go me. The other thing is that i need dresses. Skirts, check. Tops, check. Cardigans, check. Dresses, not so much.

So, dresses, particularly winter dresses. And maybe some pants and warm tops.

I'm logging it daily over on Instagram, together with never ending photographs of pretty leaves because hello Melbourne autumn, but here are some for your viewing pleasure.*











Bonus autumn.



Bonus Burmeses. Look at the body language. Little One, leaning in: I love you! I look up to you! I worship your whiskers! Big One: Really, do we have to do this? Can I go now?



* i saw my blog on a computer-size screen the other day instead of just on the iPad and was shocked at the quality of the photos when they're that big. Those iPhone photos look fine on a phone or iPad screen. Apologies! I really should get back to using the Big Black camera but i can't go past the portability of my phone.

6 comments:

silverpebble said...

Oof, such covetable outfits and skills. I am halfway through my FIRST ever dress - part of a workshop, naturally. I don't yet have the skills to just launch myself at the sewing machine. I'm hopeful though!

Janet said...

I think the dress plus leggings or soft pants could be a viable way of getting around the whole jeans thing. You have made heaps of garments though, very impressed. I hardly ever use my proper camera now either and keep thinking - yes I must!

Megan said...

Been absolutely loving seeing your me-made things pop up on Instagram. So lovely, and may even inspire me to get back to my crafty roots.

driftwood said...

oh just gorgeous things!

kgirlknits said...

I've been watching your lovely outfits pop up on IG, and am so impressed with your style and "put-togetherness". I'm with you on the jeans thing too - they just aren't cutting it for me anymore. Leggings under skirts/dresses seem to have filled the gap for me too.

like you, I've watched MMM for a few years, but haven't jumped on board. I always thought it was a pledge to wear *only* handmade outfits! Now I'm looking forward to 2015!!

Another Outspoken Female said...

More kitty pics! They're adorable.