13 June 2014

restorative weekend

It's cold in Lancefield. #craftcamp

Oh, craft camp. So so good.

#craftcamp

This time we were very sadly missing Janet who had Life Stuff to deal with, and we celebrated Caroline's birthday, which reminds me i never shared pictures of the March craft camp when it was my birthday, but if you look here click click linky link you can see a champagne glass and some balloons and there are other shots there too. So, Caroline's turn this time.

Party leftover

A quiet moment in the studio #craftcamp

The food was sensational, as always. So was the company.

Dinner courtesy of Susan M. #craftcamp

I made a few things, including a quilt top for the middle lad who has requested a quilt in the bruise palette.

The bruise quilt top. #quilting #craftcamp

There were noisy galahs everywhere ...

Annual General Galah Meeting.

... some cold crisp mornings and nights ...

Good morning #craftcamp #lastday

Three (!) beautiful quilts by Julie ...

Considering the options #craftcamp

... and some cetacean action from Jen.

Moby & Dick

Re-entry to real life is tough after such a wonderful long weekend of sewing, knitting by the fire, eating, talking and laughing with a marvellous group of women. But being amongst people doing what they love, whether that's sewing clothes, making quilts, knitting doll cardigans or drawing, is tremendously nourishing and restorative. It keeps me going.

12 comments:

bec said...

I havent been to a craft camp for so long, they are so good! I laughed about the 'bruise' palette, excellent colour description though!

Stomper Girl said...

I was pleased to come home to my family but have been slumping badly ever since! I want more Craft Camp, the company, food, creativity and fun. I have just cut out a new project and have had to clear it away twice from the kitchen table so people can eat. IT'S NOT WHAT I'M USED TO ANYMORE!!!!!
Anyways, thanks for being an ace organiser and a fun companion and for spoiling me on my birthday WAY more than my family woulda. Cx

Julie said...

Yes thank you for being the organiser and instigator and generally ace person. And mostly for inviting me along. Hope the middle boy liked the quilt top.

blackbird said...

Totally jealous and I don't have a craft!

Janet said...

Sniff. Looks like all the ace craft camp bits were there in abundance. I can't wait to go again.

Martina said...

I love the Bruise palette!

driftwood said...

oh looks heavenly. thanks for your craft camp tips, we are really looking forward to ours!

Anne said...

I love those whales :)

pandchintz said...

Ah....our turn soon......thanks for whetting the appetite!!

Zoya said...

Beautiful. Sounds like the best way to spend a weekend.

Kaviare said...

What lovely photos! And they capture exactly how it feels to be there. If we start planning now, maybe we can set up a craft camp style nursing home. It's the only way I can think of to be there every day.

house-decorations said...

nice